January 25, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies...Ever!

The boys were asking for Chocolate Chip cookies over the Holidays and while I am happy to make them. I wanted to try something different. I decided that I was going to try the Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from Cuisine at home Holiday Cookies edition.





All I can say is another great cookie recipe has been made out of this magazine.



Here is the recipe. For mine I substituted both the sugar and brown sugar with their Splenda counterparts and I also used dark chocolate chips rather then semi sweet.

The recipe is supposed to make about 5 dozen 4" cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Crispy Rice Cereal

WHISK TOGETHER:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup crisp rice cereal ( I used Rice Krispies )
1/4 cup oats
1 t. Baking soda
1 t. Cream of tartar
1 t. Table salt

Whisk flour, cereal, oats, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a bowl; set aside.

CREAM; ADD:
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar ( 1 cup Splenda)
1 cup brown sugar ( 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 t. Vanilla extract

Cream butter with both sugars in a bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the oil, egg, and vanilla, then beat until blended.

STIR IN:
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips ( I used dark chocolate chips)
Flour mixture

Stir in the chocolate chips and flour mixture just until the flour is incorporated.

Drop dough in 3 T. mounds ( a #40 scoop is perfect) onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2" apart. Bake 12 - 14 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Cool on wire rack.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover