January 13, 2012

3 Tens and 4 Ones

Well it's Friday the 13th and there appears to be no blizzard outside! My Mother likes to remind me each and every year how made my debut durning a blizzard and on Friday the 13th no less.

So as for superstition, it doesn't bother me, it's my lucky day. Although considering I have to clean, make my own cake (gasp), and hundreds of other little things before everyone gets home. I am not so sure the luck is with me today, sigh the joys of being a Mom.

Keegan asked yesterday to go to the party store to buy my balloons and how could I refuse. I gave him a limit and here is what he put together.

In total there is one big balloon along with 2 orange, 2 teal, and a blue one. I thought it turned out well and how glad am I that my 6 year old has a firm grasp on the fact that I am not a "pink" Mom. No offense to those that are, hehe just not my color.

That being said what till you see my cake. Most people who know me, know that I am not a girly girl and rarely does pink ever make itself known in form of presence around me. With that in mind I thought it would be fun to include not only pink, but an animal print in my birthday cake.

This is my first attempt at making a zebra cake and only my second time playing with fondant.

Well so far so good...

Since Keegan is currently learning to break down numbers by Tens and Ones I thought I would use it on my cake.



Zebra cake with a bright pink buttercream filling. Hehe

Keegan took us all to Chuck E Cheese for pizza and video games and he even used his gift card to pay that he got in his stocking for Christmas.

Here's to being 34. Let's see how the year treats me!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who makes her own cakes! Hope your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover