May 9, 2012

Walk with Dinosaurs LO

Well, while it took a bit longer then I thought I have finished another LO and I had a lot of fun making this one.







Walk with Dinosaurs is an amazing show. While we were slightly concerned that it might scare Keegan after watching several YouTube videos of parts of the show we decided in the end that it would be worth taking him to see it. We did spend sometime prepping him for what he was going to see. However, after the initial roar of the Tyrannosaurs we knew we had made the right decisions as his eyes never left the sight before him.

The stage had these really cool dinosaur teeth as you can see in the middle picture on the left page and I knew that this was an element that I wanted to re-create in my LO. While the initial plan was to have the teeth on both pages when I got them there to see how it would look I decided that the impact was more with them being on only one page.

This is my initial sketch for the teeth.




From there I went with a muted palette to allow the pictures to really stand out, The colors that were used in the sets were so vibrant and rich.




Here is a close up of the teeth. Once I cut them out I sketched and blended with pencil along with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap.




The other page.




I used the Silhouette Design Studio to create the title. There are multiply layers upon layers to give them definition. I used Dinosaurs that I got from the online store changed their sizes and welded them. This was used for two cuts, the very bottom and the second layer. Then an un-welded Dinosaur and word were cut to add even more layers. I also used the Amy Chomas Pen Holder to add a hatch design fill that I created for top word layer.



Here is a close up of the letters.




For the top layer of the Dinosaurs in the title I embossed and inked them using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, and Forest Moss. As you can see above and in the below pictures.




A close up of the multiply layers.



My original plan had been to include a journal block under the picture of Keegan but after looking at the LO I wanted that space to remain blank. So I created for the first time a journal pocket. I really happy with how well it turned out.



Plus by making the pocket I used my own handwriting :)





Supplies Used:
Silhouette Design Studio
Silhouette Cameo
Amy Chomas Adjustable pen holder for the Silhouette Cameo
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Tiny Bubbles
Sizzixs Embossing Folder - Cracked and Retro Circles
Tim Holtz Distress Ink -  Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, and Forest Moss
Cardstock from my stash

1 comment:

  1. Great layout and a great story. These are the things memories are made of.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover