March 26, 2012

Wine, Giggles and Cards.

So a couple of weeks ago a fellow Canadian invited myself and some other CanOkies (Canadians in Oklahoma) over for some wine and card making. Needless to say it was a great time, a lot of wine was drunk and I even managed to make some cards...lol

What I loved about the host was that she wasn't sure of everybody's "hobby" level so she had made 3 cards and more or less had all the stuff for each card in a basket and you could easily copy or stray ( I strayed) from the original template. Which I thought was a fantastic idea for large group of varying levels of ladies.

As far as I know all products supplied by the hostess are from Stampin Up. To be honest, when I first started 10 plus years ago I actually had a lot of Stamping Up products (I still have a lot), however, on the last few postings I haven't bought any of their products (lack of local consultant) and was pleasantly surprised to see the direction in which they have gone and the range/change of their product.

Sadly it seems that my original "Classic" ink pad sets are no longer available, mind you the new colors that they have and ones that they bring out for two years at a time are rather neat.

Well without further ado here are my cards that I made.















I just love this embossing folder and must get it!




When I get a chance I plan on hand tinting the image with water colors and I couldn't resist using the French sentiment on the card.










This card was a fun one. I liked how the stamp image corresponded with the punch. It totally reminded me why I bought the Art Philosophy cartridge and that I really needed to pull it out and use it for the cards I was making for a Circle exchange.

Well that is all for now. Sneak peeks of the cards tomorrow with a post to follow. So much to do and the count down is on for the start of hubby's deployment. T minus 9 sleeps until he deploys for 6 months leaving me a single Mom...ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover