March 6, 2012

Nursery Tails inspired Diaper Cake

My friend was having her first baby and I wanted to throw her a baby shower. With us both being military wives we were far from home,  family and Friends.

I knew that I was going to make her a diaper cake, along with some onesies. I decided that I was also going to use my I to help me complete my decorating and craft task. Sadly, and I  don't know what happened I can only find a few photo's of the diaper cake and a not so great one of my cupcake toppers. I don't have any pictures of the banner or other little decoration's or the onesies that I made. Insert sad face!

Here is a picture of the cupcake toppers that I made. I used the onesie cut and filled it with a pattern from Nursery Tails.

Here is the diaper cake. I made it using 96 newborn Pampers diapers. It is sitting on a piece of 12 by 12 cardboard of which I glued on a printed piece of Nursery Tails co-ordinating cardstock. I then printed various cuts from the cartridge at various sizes to decorate the 4 tiers of the cake. To hide the rubber bands holding the diapers together I used 1" satin ribbon that also co-ordinated with the colors from the cartridge. 

 Another view.

 From the top looking down. I printed a whole bunch of leaves and placed them on the top layers of the diapers to try and add dimension to the cake.

and another view

and one last look.
Considering this only the second diaper that I have made, I think that it turned out well. Being able to use to the Nursery Tail cartridge allowed me to decorate the cake in way I hadn't before.

For the banner (which I don't have any pictures of) I used the Nursery Tails cartridge and printed 4 bibs, 2 pink and 2 blue at about 5" and I used Story Book to print the letters baby at about 4" using the fill option to co-ordinate the colors from the bib. I also printed the boy and girl socks, the boy overalls and the girl dress. I then strung them all on ribbon. My friend loved it so much that she hung it above the window in her nursery as part of her nursery decor.

3 comments:

  1. Super job on the diaper cake and those cupcakes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Girls! The cupcakes are a yellow cake with lome Jello and a lemon pudding topping. They are super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover