March 28, 2012

Cards that I made for an exchange.

I recently participated in an exchange that was being held in the Canadian Circle forum. What I liked about this exchange is not only did we have a long deadline, but we were able to choose what types of card we were going to send. In the end 14 Ladies decided to participate and we all decided to do 2 cards each.

My contribution was going to be 2 Birthday cards and I in my mind exactly what I wanted to do. I just needed to figure out how I was going to do it.


So I knew that I wanted to have a banner on my card and I thought this will give me a chance to use Cricut Craft Room. Well, it all started out great. I had used from Art Philosophy, of which I flipped and welded it together to make a diamond shape that I proceeded to fill with different patterns from Best Friends. After the first page successful cut, well that is when the problems began.

Needless to say, my Imagine would no longer talk to with my computer and seeing as it was Sunday, I would have to wait to further trouble shoot the problem with Tech support. Mind you, I didn't give up that easily, I did attempt to solve the problem myself, I even dragged out my E...sigh!

Well 2 machines down, but I still had my Silhouette Cameo to pull out. Which is exactly what I did. I re-created the banner in the Silhouette Design Studio and I had the Cameo cutting out my images while my I was printing my background paper...hehe

Here is the start of the card being put together. I want to add that I am not a huge fan of pink, so I have no idea why this color combo applied so much to me. I even used Pink Bubblegum Twine.

This background is the cloud pattern printed from Best Friends.


Here I have the twine attached to create the banner and you can see my little pennants above.


I sandwiched them over the twine with glue.




Here are all the pennants attached to make the banner.


I added pop dots underneath each pennant to give it a bit more dimension and movement.


All attached.


I side shot so you can see the how they look lifted off the page.


I then tacked down the loose ends of the twine on the back of the background page then attached this to the front of my white card.


Here it is attached.


A close up of the pennants. I used Diamond  and Star Dust Stickles to add pop and texture to the two plain pennants.


To make the tag I used Art Philosophy and cut the in white and it's Layer was cut filled with a blue that was printed and cut on my I. On another note, by this time I had talked to Tech support on Monday and the problem seemed to have magically fixed itself, like it always seems to, just to make you look like you are crazy when talking to Customer Service/Tech Support! I am sure that you are reading this and nodding to yourself. :)


I then sanded the edges of the background page as well as the tag. The Happy Birthday sentiment is CTMH.
Here is the finally picture of the card, it wasn't till later that I realized that I had a huge shadow going through it and by then it was too late as they had already been packed and shipped!


 Supplies:
CC Best Friends
CC Art Philosophy CTMH
CTMH cardstock
Stash cardstock
CTMH Sentiment Just a Number
Diamond Stickles
Star Dust Stickles
Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink
White Brad
Pop Dots
Glue

The next card I took my inspiration from the card I made here. I once again turned to my Art Philosophy cartridge. I never thought I would say it, but I am so glad I bought this cartridge, I have found so many uses for it!

The background page is printed from the I (it was originally going to be the background for my other card). I embossed it using the Swiss Dots folder and created the edge on the patterned background paper using a border punch that I had bought on clearance at M's.


I used from Art Philosophy to make the leaves for the flowers. Here I am inking them using Stampin Up ink.


Here are the finished flowers. The flower was also cut from Art Philosophy, it is . There are four separate cuts. The bottom and second from bottom layers has been inked using Tim Holtz Black Soot Distressing Ink, and then have been run through my Marvy CorruGator Paper Crimper. The second from top was left plain, while the top layer and you are all probably going to laugh, but when I was looking for my sentiments for the cards, I realized that one of the stamp sets that had come with the cartridge from CTMH heart had the corresponding flower stamp for the flower that I had cut out. Happy Luck. I hadn't even realized it when I had chosen the flower that I had cut for the card. So with that happy accident I stamped Martha Stewart Glitter Glue onto the top flower and added some sparkle with Martha Stewart Glitter to the card. I finished it off with a bling brad.




Close up


Close up to see the texture and inks.


Here is the outside of the card. I debated back and forth with several designs for the sentiment.


After which I decided that I liked the front the way it was and added the sentiment to the inside of the card.


Supplies:
CC Art Philosophy CTMH
CTMH cardstock
Basic Grey cardstock
CTMH Sentiment Card Chatter - Birthday
CTMH Sentiment Celebration
Martha Stewart Glitter Glue
Martha Stewart Glitter 
Marvy CorruGator Paper Crimper
Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink
Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Folder
Glue

Well that is it. I can't wait for all the cards to arrive in the mail from the exchange.

3 comments:

  1. OMG - your cards are beautiful. I am so happy that you participated in the swap and I get to share in your wonderful creations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see them! very lovely looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girls, that means a lot coming from both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover