June 11, 2011

Our little Super Hero turn's 6!

Well the weekend of the party has arrived. You'll remember the post creating the Super Hero invite here.  Well that was only the beginning of my creative ideas for this birthday.




I had Super Hero cupcake toppers. Both boys and girls. The imahes were created on the computer, printed on white card stock and the circle shape was cut with the Imagine.





I made toopers for their loot bags. I made the topper and then I hot glued it onto a wooden clothes pin to keep the bag closed. Once again I had girls and boy Super Hero's. The graphics were designed and printed from the computer. The circle and the scallop shapes were cut using the Cricut Imagine.




I made some Super Hero captions and signs. The shapes and font were from the Cricut cartridge Batman: The Brave and the Bold and were cut using my Imagaine.



 Super Hero and sidekick t-shirts were made using the freezer paper stencil method. On the left we have birthday boy and on the right we have his sidekcik "zap." Tulip metalic paint was used for this design. The stencils were cut using the CCR and the Imagine.



It wouldn't be a Super Hero party without Super Hero Capes! As much as I would have loved to have bought all the kids a Cape like Keegan's, there was a budget. So on the search I went to find cheaper alternatives and I sure did. I found this great step by step tutorial here. Next all I had to do wa find the right amount of adult t-shirts for the right price. I did. I went to the Bargin store and found the mother load of M thru 2XXL t-shirts on clearence ranging from $1 to $2. Getting the right amount and colors, took longer then cutting them out!

The day of the party I had all the capes sitting on a table along with fabric markers. I choose to go with fabric markers, not only for the ease in which each child would be able to use them, but the party is only so long and I was worried about drying time with fabric paint!
 

  
I can't believe that I actually got a picture with me and both boys in it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover